The quieter you become the more you can hear ~ Ram Dass



Thursday, December 31, 2009

Nursing home card and Staff gift

Since this is the last day of December, I though I'd show you that one card I mentioned that mom got from a boy named Andy.  I thought it was the cutest thing. 
 


I had wanted to get beautifully fresh cut flowers in a basket for Christmas for the nursing home staff.  I thought they would last at least 1 1/2 weeks or so. I also thought the staff and residents could enjoy them.  My husband didn't care for that idea at all. 
 
BTW, the flower and candy votes were 4; cookies vote 8.My husband wanted to give cookies or candy. 
 
When I looked on the Internet about what kind of gifts to give staffs at nursing homes, they suggested buying something for each shift.  We thought to buy cookies for each shift and then also different people working  on the weekends that would cost us a small fortune.  Because people, I don't bake ;-)
 


We decided even though the vote didn't go this way, with candy.  My husband came up with the idea of buying some hard candy and other kinds.  That's what we did.  
 


He bought a tin and as you can see there's a lot of candy there.  We thought the workers could put a handful in their pockets and eat them all shift long.  We took it on a Friday and when we went the following Monday, I noticed there was some candy left that they put in a smaller container.  I think it was a very good choice and I'm pretty sure everyone got to eat some.although I still like the flower idea but I'm not bitter 
*********************************************************************************
 
Have a safe New Years Eve. 

 
 

 
 

 

1 comment:

Cathryn said...

That was a wonderful idea! I do bake and I took a tray of goodies for the office staff here--but candy might have been a better choice for the other folks I needed to give something to! I'm going to remember this for next year!