The quieter you become the more you can hear ~ Ram Dass



Saturday, December 19, 2009

Door Hanger et al


I have this snowman door hanger on the inside front door and it has a couple of bells on it.  So, I guess I still have a little bell action going on with the door ;o)  I'm not sure where I got this.  Probably a catalog. 
*******************************************************************************

I'm going to be busy getting my house cleaned and writing my list of what food we have to buy for Christmas Eve this weekend.  I'll probably make the stuffed cabbage Wednesday then I will just reheat it.  I'm debating on if I should get a ham or not since there will only be the four of this year.  Last year, we gave my brother half of the half of ham to take home LOL.  I guess that was good for them because they had something to eat for a few days.  I will have to see. I had a few presents to wrap and I did that last night. 

Earlier in the week, I mentioned to the nurse that Mom's legs looked like they were starting to swell again.  It just so happened that the doctor came in that same day.  He decided to just have them elevate Mom's legs when she is in bed to see if the swelling will go down on its own because double dosing her with the water pill isn't that great for her kidneys. 

I was a little upset because Mom didn't get her haircut this week.  The person that cuts it is only in on Tuesdays and Thursdays (the days I don't go, it figures) and the regular receptionist wasn't in yesterday.  I will have to talk to someone Monday to see if the beautician will be in on Tuesday and can cut her hair then. Otherwise, she will have to wait until after Christmas. 

When we got there yesterday, Mom wanted to show me something in her room.  I wheeled her down and sitting by her TV were two little stuffed animals.  A teddy bear and a gorilla.  Apparently, they had something the other night and they were on the tables and everyone was allowed to take one.  She said the guy that was sitting at her table didn't want one and he told her to take it. 

1 comment:

Cathryn said...

I love your door hanger. We don't have one because it would be shredded by eleven cats! Thanks for stopping in my place the other day to comment. I really appreciate it. I like new faces and hope to see yours often!