The quieter you become the more you can hear ~ Ram Dass



Saturday, December 12, 2009

Jingle Bells



Another craft fair find.  This used to hang on the inside of my front door.  I only had it for 2 years and then we got new doors.  So much for that. I didn't want to wreck the new door.  I now just hang it on a wall and every once in a while I go and shake the bells to hear them ring LOL.

**********************************************************************************
I made an appointment for Mom to get her haircut next week.  It's starting to get a little unruly again.  She will look nice for Christmas.

I forgot to mention when I was there Wednesday, the first thing Mom told me was her roommate got in trouble.  I don't think I mentioned but when Mom first came to that room the nurse told me that the roommate slept with no clothes on and sometimes walked around naked.  In fact, the first couple of days Mom told me it was true because she had witnessed it.  I guess Mom has gotten used to it now and it doesn't bother her.  Occasionally, when I've been there she gets out of bed with a top on and walks to the bathroom just in her underpants.  I just pretend I don't notice. My husband leaves the room when he sees she's getting out of bed.  Other times, she gets out of bed when I'm there and puts her skirt on.  One time when we were visiting in the lounge with Mom, I took some pop to her room and there was the roommate walking back from the bathroom with no underpants on LOL.  Anyhow, the woman across the hall passed away a couple of weeks ago.  It's a private room and a new person moved in there.  Apparently, someone from that room, I don't know if it was the resident or someone from their family, complained that Mom's roommate was being indecent.  Oh,Oh.  The nurse must have came and said something to her about having to wear clothes.  Mom was really ticked and saying," how could they see from that room.  And who cares, she's an old, wrinkly lady" ;-) .  So, I think Mom and the roommate have bonded.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My mother in her later years had a constant cough -- very annoying to anyone not used to it. When she got a new roommate at the nursing home just a few days after the woman moved in she told Mom that if she didn't quit coughing, she was going to kill her! Needless to say, they moved Mom to another room!

I'm not sure my very modest mother could have handled a roommate who didn't always wear clothes. Good for your mom.

I guess roommates, at any age, are a challenge.

btw, I stopped over when I saw your comment on my daughter's blog, Chased by Children. Thank you for your kind words. She can use them.